The Inspired to Play Grant Scheme 2022 (the “Scheme”) aims to increase the number of children (boys and girls aged under 18 years) participating in the game by supporting the delivery of recreational cricket activity for these user groups in England and Wales during the months of June - September 2022.
The Scheme is open to ECB affiliated cricket clubs in England and Wales (each, a “Club”).
In order to apply for a grant under the Scheme, Clubs will need the following:
• Affiliation to ECB* via its County Cricket Board (CCB)
• Constitution, Articles of Association or equivalent governing document
• Valid Public Liability Insurance
• Recent Club bank statement (dated within past three months)
• Adoption of the ECB Safe Hands Policy
• To certify that all individuals carrying out roles in connection with the delivery of the project which require a DBS check, have obtained the necessary clearance.
*Includes Clubs affiliated to ECB nationally, via the African Caribbean CricketAssociation (ACCA) or National Asian Cricket Council (NACC).
What the Grant must be used for
If awarded a Grant under the Scheme, the Club must use the Grant to deliver recreational cricket activity to children (boys and girls aged under 18 years) between June – September 2022. 3.2
The types of recreational cricket activity that will be considered under the Scheme are as follows:
• Activity that drives new or existing girls’ sections.
• Official All Stars Cricket or Dynamos Cricket programmes.
• Summer School programmes, such as cricket camps for children.
• Activity that drives inclusion based initiatives.
• Other recreational cricket activity delivered to children.
Amount of Grant
The grant is £1,000 per Club.
Each application will be assessed on its own merits.
• 4 April 2022 - The Scheme will be open to applications.
• 31 May 2022 - The Scheme will close to applications (or when the funds run out, whichever is earlier).
• 30 September 2022 - Closing date for activity to be delivered and claims submitted.
Clubs will be required to complete an online application via the ECB Investment Management System (IMS), which is accessible from: https://ims.ecb.co.uk/
Please read the full guidance if you have not used the IMS system to create an account.
All Stars and Dynamos is back this summer and sign ups are open
All Starts is for budding crickters aged from 5-8years old. To find out more about the prgramme Click Here
Dynamos is for children aged betweem 8-11 years old and is a great way to get into cricket. To find out more about the prgramme Click Here
With the following clubs running programmes there should be a day and time that suits.
If you wish to talk to a local contact please get in touch with Stuart Chatfield at firstname.lastname@example.org
Isle of Wight Cricket Board are recruiting a Development Officer to deliver the Lord's Taverners Super 1s programme.
17 hours per week
Salary: £10608 + expenses
Initial 24 months fixed contract with scope to continue
Isle of Wight Cricket Board in partnership with the Lord’s Taverners wish to appoint a Disability Development Officer to deliver the Lord’s Taverners disability programmes (Table Cricket and Super 1s) across the Isle of Wight.
The officer will provide community based cricketing opportunities for young people with disabilities.
The Development Officer will use the power of cricket as a tool for change; increase confidence, independence and develop leadership skills of all participants.
This role seeks an energetic and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for supporting and developing young people. The role combines coaching and development work and will be responsible for delivering our Super 1s disability cricket hubs, but also engaging more young disabled people to become active members of the programme.
The hubs will provide personal development opportunities to participants through Sports Leaders, informal learning and other cricketing and non-cricketing opportunities.
You will need to be passionate about providing opportunities for disabled young people to participate in sport and physical activity. It would also be an advantage if you have experience of cricket/sports development together with a good knowledge of the game.
If you wish to discuss the role please contact Stuart Chatfield on 07875 195211
To download the Job Description Click Here
Alternatively, you may post your application to Stuart Chatfield at: Isle of Wight Cricket Board, Newclose CCG, Blackwater Rd, Isle of Wight, PO30 3BE
Closing Date: 5pm on the 29thApril 2022